Available Baby page
Congo African Grey
you are experiencing behavioral problems with your fid, there are 2
yahoo groups I recommend. One is called
and the other group is the clicker training list.
is Dr. Susan
Friedman's LLP/"Living & Learning With Parrots" and BAS/"Behavior
Analysis Solutions" Suggested Reading List. The source for this
list may be found at:
"I [Dr. Susan Friedman--ed.] often hear the comment that there are too
few resources besides popular magazines to help us live and learn with
parrots. It's not so! But you do need to know where to look and you do
need to be a good generalizer of information across different
disciplines. Below are some of my favorite resources - by no means an
exhaustive list. Read smart. Be skeptical. Look for data and
grounding in the science of behavior. Common sense and cultural
knowledge are not enough to be an expert about learning and behavior.
The books are listed in alphabetical order. If you can only read one
book, do start with Karen Pryor's "Don't Shoot the Dog". It will
provide the foundation that will make all the other readings more
meaningful and improve your ability to critique the plausibility of
other experts. All of these books are available through
except where otherwise noted."
1. "Animal Training: Successful Animal Management through Positive
Ken Ramirez (1999).
2. "Clicking With Birds: A Beginners Guide to Clicker Training Your
Companion Parrot" by
Linda Morrow (available at
3. "Clicker Training with Birds", by
4. "Culture Clash", by
5. "Do Animals Think?", by
Clive D. L. Wynn
6. "Don't Shoot the Dog: The New Art of Teaching and Training"
(revised edition), by
7. "First Course in Applied Behavior Analysis", by
8. "For the Love of Greys", by
Bobbi Brinker (available at
9. "Good Bird! A Guide to Solving Behavioral Problems in Companion
10. "Here Kitty, Kitty, Catherine Crawmer on Training Cats", by
Catherine Crawmer (available at
11. "How Dogs Learn", by
Mary Burch, Ph.D. & Jon S. Bailey, Ph.D.
12. "The Power of Positive Parenting - A Positive Way to Raise
Back to Home page or